Internet Marketing is paid version of SEO campaign of online businesses, for maximum traffic to e-commerce merchant websites. But in most searches of target audience, only few of the niche websites make the choicest position, in search engine (SE) result list. Possibility of web searchers, reaching those in the lower part of the SE list result is remote because, web surfers are not patient enough to open all websites in the result list. The task of doing this will be so enormous and time wasting, considering thousand or millions of websites that’s contain in the result list. So, majority of web shop owners are left in the wilderness of market irrelevance.
Merchants in high competitive e-commerce market therefore, require multiple advertising options to achieve visibility and attraction to target traffic. The competitive nature of online marketing, necessitate merchants adoption of a combination of two or more internet marketing options, to corner customers. Also, reality of the fact that merchants in same online market niche, can hardly make the desired first or second page result of SE list thus making internet marketing an irresistible option.
E-commerce Solution Providers as one-stop-shop and professional Information Marketers, offer different marketing solution in their system for promotion of products and services of web stores. Some of the services include:
- Search Engine Marketing-a “Pay per Click” advertisement campaign
- Shop listing Portal-websites specialized in marketing all class of products and services
- Affiliate program-contracting Information Marketing professionals for online advertisement of products and service in 3rd party websites.
- Referral and Invite a friend-an Add-on application install on merchant websites, design to appeal to patronizing customers to invite other friends’ patronage in return for a reward.
- Opt-in E-mail Listing-a marketing campaign Add-on application, design to appeal to visitors, to enlist for news or information about visited website.
These are some of the internet-base marketing options available online that merchants use to establish their presence globally. But merchants may go further to attract local customers, using the off-line marketing medium. Electronic media like; Radio and Television in addition to Newsprint adverts, are off-line mediums available to explore for maximum customers attraction and high return yield on investment. The off-line medium sometimes provide hints like, web address that could trigger back links effect on curious would-be customers, to visit merchants website for adequate information.